- Facilitate coordination and information sharing among boards and committees.
- Holds accountable Mission, Personnel, and any other committee or ad hoc group reporting to Council
- Prepare the budget and present to the Presbytery Assembly for final approval
- Participate in deliberations on legal and real estate matters and work with the Corporate Trustees
- Continually develop, evaluate, and recommend to the Presbytery Assembly the ongoing vision, priorities, and actions for Blackhawk Presbytery
- Address issues that arise that do not fall within the responsibility of a particular board or committee.
- Receive and recommend the nomination of persons for the officer positions of Stated Clerk and Treasurer.
- Nominate the moderator and members of the Nominating Committee and the Committee on Representation.
- Recommend to Presbytery Assembly the creation of Administration Commissions other than for installation and ordination which are handled by the Commission on Ministry
- Present an annual budget for the work of the Presbytery to the Presbytery Council for approval prior to seeking the final approval of Presbytery Assembly.
- Monitor on a consistent basis presbytery’s financial status.
- Monitor compliance with the approved budget and work with staff, committees and commissions to make necessary adjustments.
- Work with appropriate groups to encourage interpretation of presbytery’s financial situation and needs.
- Participate in the development of presbytery’s revenues through various sources including stewardship interpretation and education.
- Oversee the business practices Presbytery has in place and assign tasks to appropriate entities within the current structure.
15 voting members: the moderators of Commission on Ministry, Committee on Preparation for Ministry, Mission Committee, Nominating Committee, Personnel Committee, Finance and Property Committee; six at-large members; and the Moderator, Vice-Moderator, and Immediate Past Moderator of the Presbytery Assembly.
4th Tuesday (except November and December) of the month at 9:30 am, by video conference or at Stronghold.
Anita Stuart-Steva, Moderator