Please SHARE WITH YOUR CHURCH TREASURER and contact the office if you have questions or may be interested.
Revised – April 19, 2023
Employment Category: Part Time
Pay Classification: Exempt
Position Classification: Elected
Reports To: The Presbytery for duties defined in Acticle V, Section E of the Blackhawk Presbytery Ecclesiastical Administration Manual.
The General Presbyter for other assigned duties.
Takes Direction From: The Presbytery; General Presbyter
Receives Guidance From: Presbytery Council
An officer of the Presbytery with responsibility to oversee the receipts, disbursement and account of the funds of Blackhawk Presbytery.
Tasks that can be done remotely:
- Process payroll every two weeks.
- Prepare financial reports for Council, assembly, committees, and staff.
- Respond to inquiries from ministers/congregations regarding payments to the presbytery.
- Serve as the Treasurer of the Corporation.
- Serve ex-officio on the Presbytery Council and attend monthly meetings (currently on Zoom)
- Attend Presbytery Assembly, five meetings per year, to present financial reports.
- Arrange for an annual financial review or audit.
- Keep a record of all mortgages held against church properties, together with debt retirement plans and insurance policies covering church or properties.
Tasks that may require a visit to the office:
- Disperse funds and produce checks as authorized and vouchered.
- Receive, record, and report all remittances from congregations to the presbytery and keep accurate records of the same.
- Complete regular reconciliations of all bank and investment accounts.
- Active elder of a congregation that is a member of Blackhawk Presbytery or a Minister of the Word and Sacrament/Teaching Elder on the rolls of Blackhawk Presbytery.
- Background in accounting and financial management. Experience in QuickBooks preferred.
- Understanding of Presbyterian Church (USA) organizational structure.
Term of Office:
One year with the privilege of re-election
The Treasurer is nominated by Presbytery Council and elected by Assembly annually.
Negotiated pay is determined by the Council upon the recommendation of the Personnel Committee. The recommended pay is $20.00 per hour.
The assumed time commitment is between 6 – 8 hours per week.
Position will require at least 1 visit to the Presbytery office in Oregon, Il each month.